Sunday, September 21, 2008

Malana's second birthday at Grandma Hull's

She got a shopping cart, play food, a cash register, and the dress-up necklaces that she is wearing in the pictures from us. From Grandma Hull she got a different Curious George movie, a sesame street movie, and a monkey towel.









Malana is absolutely in love with Curious George, so for her birthday I made her a Curious George cake. It was my first time trying fondant, it was pretty easy, but I stacked the cakes too early and they fell apart, so it was a little lumpy, overall I thought that it turned out pretty dang cute. I made George and the paint cans out of fondant too, so the whole things was edible(not that you would want to eat it, fondant is gross).




Malana's second birthday at Grandma Nield's

She got a stuffed animal toy and a book.





We went to the BYU vs. UCLA game. We had a great time! Thank you Heather for watching Lana!


Lana on the way to Utah.


Paints!!!!!!


6 comments:

Grafulas said...

I'm impressed with your "caking" skills, Abigail. That's pretty cool she got to celebrate her birthday with both sets of grandparents too! Someone must love her :)

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

Happy Birthday Malana! Two years old, crazy how fast time goes. She is so adorable and I love how you always do her hair so cute. Good job on the cake too. As for the BYU game, I'm glad you got some alone time with Travis. It's always nice spending the with your honey kids free. :)

Tyler said...

Was the "pick-pocketed" wallet ever returned?

Trav and Ab said...

ummm... Travis found his wallet at home, which he is a bit embarassed about but he still says he hates BYU. (I tried to get him to think of when he had it last but he wouldn't, so Iv'e been refraining from saying "I TOLD YOU SO".)

Tyler said...

So Malana likes to eat paint and dirt. Do I need to call CPS on you guys? Maybe Travis will get assigned to your case.

M.M.M. said...

Hi! Cute blog! I wanted to tell you that I left some of the crystal that belonged to Grandma, the ones that are not really usable but would make a nice keepsake. There's of course a funny story that goes along with them! Just wanted to let you know.