Tuesday, December 09, 2008

a box, a bed and sitting on your head!

Malana and I found the best hide-n-seek spot ever! It took Travis forever to find us. This box was in her closet and we had the flaps down so that you couldn't see us at all. Malana is surprisingly good at hide-n-seek and it is her favorite game. she picks a new spot every time and is completely quiet(sp?) while she is there.

Malana has always slept in our bed, and I have always held her to put her to sleep for her naps, I know, I know big mistake, I just love cuddling her so much! She just screams and screams when I put her in her crib and I am a softy. So we decided to try turning her crib into a toddler bed and see how she did, I couldn't believe it the day we set it up I put her in it and said "you stay here it is night, night time" and she actually stayed!!!!! (there was a LITTLE whining involved but no crying) and she didn't even try to get out. I think that she liked knowing that she could get out if she wanted to, maybe it was a fluke, maybe she was just tired but I was amazed!

For some reason she has been fascinated by sitting on Travis' head and thinks she is hilarious! Also Travis got a haircut, notice the difference between the family photos and this one? the Ladies at school kept telling him he looked more grown up. His hair was getting pretty long!

2 comments:

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

We let Austin sleep with us and can I just tell you how much I regret it. We are still fighting to get him to sleep in his bed. It is such a battle. I'm so impressed that Malana just slept in her bed the first try. That is great. My advice would be to get her out of your bed and into hers now. The younger the better. :) Good Luck!

Lacey said...

Almost every night Lexi is in our bed. When I put her down she will stay there until about 3 or 4 in the morning and I'm so tiered that I just move her into our bed. (She also wakes up about one or two times in the night, still.) That is great that Malana stayed there all night.