
This last weekend my parents spoke in church as their "farewell" talks. The Saturday before all of my parents kids who live close enough went to the temple to do sealings it was so nice to be there together, we just wished that Eric and Nancy lived closer so they could be there with us : ) I think that they went to the Portland temple on the same day so that we could feel connected that way. That night the adults got together for dinner and the men gave a blessing to my mom and dad before they left. It was such a neat experience to have!
Then on Sunday my parents gave some great talks in church my mom spoke about learning from the past and my dad spoke on temple blessings. Afterwards everyone had lunch at my parents house. Doing all of this made it so real, and while I will miss them terribly while they are gone I am grateful for the example that they are setting for me and my children.
The cake that I made for them
All of the grand kids except for Eric and Nancy's five





5 comments:
What a great family you have! I wish your parents the best of luck!
Wow I know how close you are with your family so it must be hard to see them leave, but what a neat experience for them. I can't wait for the day when Anthony and I get to serve a mission together.
Wow, what a very special time for your family! What a neat experience, and I love your cake! You're so talented. Good luck to your parents, though I'm sure they won't need it- they'll be wonderful missionaries!
That's pretty sweet :) They'll be excellent missionaries. Makes me want cake...
What fun pictures of the grandkids!
Post a Comment