My friend Lisa did a post like this on her blog and I thought that it was a good idea, because I think that anything that makes others feel good about themselves is a good idea. I am going to post something that I enjoy about each of you that are on my blog list.
Nancy- I have always admired the way in which you have taught your children to be respectful, reverent and responsible. I remember visiting your house once and going to church with you and being impressed with how quietly all of the kids sat and listened. You and Eric have been a silent example to me and helped me to know the direction that I wanted my life to take.
Tracy- Your drive for life is something that I wish that I had more of. You are definitely a go-getter and I am always amazed at your ability to make things happen that you want to have happen. I also admire the way in which you do your best to make your dollar stretch for you and your family, and find the best deals.
Tyler - What can I say you make me smile. I can always count on a good laugh when you are around. And even though you don't like to show it I admire your soft heart, and the tender way in which you treat mom. You are a very talented and creative writer and have a wit about you that no one can beat.
Troy - I love your sensitive heart and the way in which you are always willing to help other people. Your empathy for other often shines through and it made an impression on me growing up together.
Lisa - The quiet way in which you made friends and included everyone in your circle of friends, made an impression on me all through High School and especially when we were in seminary council together. I appreciated the way that you knew when to take things seriously but you could laugh at yourself and do silly things to have fun. ( like write things with sidewalk chalk on peoples drive ways :0))
Melissa - I wish that we could have lived closer and got to know each other better. You are hilarious! I love your storys and I always get excited when I see that you have posted something because I know that it will give me a pick-me-up for the day. I love the way that you can laugh at the silly things in life.
Megan - What can I say, who could ask for a better niece! You are such a shining example to all of your cousins, and well heck to me too. You have such a beautiful countenance around you and you can tell just by looking at you that you have a deep compassion for those around you. I also love the way that you can make your own fun and laugh at yourself.
Heather T. - Oh Heather, how I miss you! You were always so much fun!!! For some reason our silliness just clicked (maybe sometimes in ways our moms didn't appreciate :))and I just miss the fun that we could have together. Your drive is something that I have always admired, you are EXTREMELY talented in anything that you do, because of your go-get-em attitude and innate creativity.
Mom and Dad - you are the best parents in the whole world!!!! Nobody can argue that point. Mom -I love your sense of humor, you crack me up. Hardly anyone ever sees it but your wit mixed with your intelligence makes for some serious entertainment. I love your creativity and your willingness to put 110% into anything and everything that you do.
Dad - the rock in the family, I love the stalwart way in which you lead our family in righteousness and your ability to see whats right and stand up for your morals without a second thought, as well as your willingness to do the silly things like father Abraham.
Whitney - you just have such a beautiful way about you that exudes sunshine. Your constant smile can light up a room, and your willingness to be friends with everyone is always so admirable. You are the first to see good in other people and your bright outlook on life is refreshing.
Erin - Like I said with Melissa, I wish that we could have lived closer and got to know each other better as cousins. Clearly you have a great drive to finish law school with two kids at home and you are very intelligent. I was always impressed with the way that you went out of your way to visit and see grandma. Anytime I came to visit there was always something at grandmas house that you had made and brought to her for a holiday or something. She was very proud of you and loved your little Will. I think you were a great strength to her in those last years.
Alisa - I am glad that I can have a sister-in-law who lives just down the road, and Malana loves having Alex so close too. I admire your ability to keep your house immaculate with four kiddos around and the way you always look beautiful with hair and make-up done. You are another person who has a drive to get things done and I admire that.
Chelsea - Thanks for always being there, I know that our relationship has had it's ups and downs but I knew that you were the friend that was always going to be there. I look up to your ability to make friends with anyone, you are definitely not shy and I wish that I had a little bit of that in me. I admire the way that you have no fear of others judgments and stand your ground on things in which you believe strongly in. Thanks for keeping us girls from high school in touch with each other, you are a good and loyal friend.
Desiree- Travis always appreciated Chads friendship and knowing that Chad was one person that he could always talk to. You have always made me feel so comfortable around you, I never had to worry about what you were thinking of me, you had a way of putting my anxiety at ease, thank you. And I have a feeling you probably have a way of doing that with everyone.
Heather H. - You're creativeness and willingness to go above and beyond for your family has always impressed me. You are someone that I look at and think, I wish I had it put together as well as you do. I love the way that you are supportive of Jarad and his endeavors. You and Jarad are awesome parents and Travis and I look at you as an example of how we want to raise our kids.
Rachel - Thanks for being an awesome roommate! I had so much fun with you, and your crazy ways. It has been so fun to watch you develop into such an awesome, compassionate, and loving wife and mother. Your love for Anthony shines through in everything that you do, and it is so refreshing to see in a world full of divorce and women putting their husbands down. You have a zest for life that is indescribable, a bit of that Cuban spice and Mormon values makes for a killer combination. Thanks for being a great example.
Maren - You are such a pretty young lady. You have an amazing talent for the arts, never give that up. Your creativity always amazes and inspires me to do more. You can take anything and make it into something amazing! I also appreciate your willingness to get down and play with the little kids, and that your not "too cool" for them, and for being silly.
Lacey- you are another person that has always had a go-get-em attitude and I admire that drive. You are a great mommy to little Lexi. You have a loyalty to your family that is great, and you have a very kind heart to those you love. I appreciate your willingness to be my friend.
4 comments:
Thanks Abby! You are and have always been such a sweet heart. You are a great example to me too and I miss you a lot. I wish we lived closer to each other.
Wow, that totally made my day today, thanks Abby! That's so sweet of you! I really wish we could have grown up together more, but I'm so grateful for the friendship we had when we were young, and that it has continued on... even though many miles separate us. I always admired how accepting you were of everyone, and how you were always so nice and a friend to everyone. I truly cherish the memories from our childhood. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true! You are such an amazing person, and Travis and Malana are so lucky to have you.
If you're ever down this way, please come visit! We could just hang out or go to lunch or something. I'd love to see you again!
How sweet!! I love it! And I LAUGHED SO HARD at the mention of sidewalk chalking! I totally forgot about that! That's where my kids get their love of chalk! :) Thank you for making my day!
Thanks for that it made my day.
Post a Comment