
This book was really good. There was a good mix of action, story-telling and romance. Normally I don’t like romance but this one had enough action in it that it kept my interest. I couldn’t help but fall in love with the characters especially Sarah and Jack. When I read the description of the book, as a diary of a girl in the Arizona territories in the 1800’s my first thought was that it was going to be boring. The author really keeps you on your toes wondering what is going to come next and turning the pages before you have read the last sentence on the previous page.
This book represents one of my guilty pleasures, I like to put on a tough act, like I don’t like all of the girly romance type of stuff a.k.a chick flicks etc… but the truth of the matter is that I HATE books and movies where the entire plot is based on miscommunications and non-communications, which %95 percent of “chick flick” (and books) are. I do like to read a novel or watch a movie with non-sluty romance in it, usually alone so that I don’t have to put on the mask, I can let myself smile, let out a belly laugh or cry uninhibited for one of the characters. This book made me do all of the above and I loved it.
SPOILER!!!!!
I fell in love with Jack!!! He is such a manly man, not like the whiney boys in books these day. If you read the book I promise that you will fall in love with him too! It made me so mad in the book when she married her first husband instead of Jack, but I was thrilled when they finally got together. I was so sad when he dies at the end… but I was glad to learn that there is a second book! I am in the process of reading it right now.
END OF SPOILER!!!!!
If you are looking for a book that is easy and fast to read, I highly recommend this one. Some of the parts can be depressing and even a little gruesome so be prepared for that, but overall the feeling of the book is happy!
2 comments:
I'm going to have to check out this book- it sounds interesting! I just finished the Hunger Games series, and I had pretty much the same review as you had below. (And you're right- your blog never shows as "updated" to me anymore, so I'll just have to check on my own!) I'm reading "The Help" right now, and it's pretty good, too, which I was surprised by a bit. Just thought I'd let you know in case there's another book you want to read. :)
One of my favorite books. Glad you loved it. :)
Post a Comment