Friday, September 03, 2010

loss and floss!

Malana had her first trip to the dentist this week!  She did so amazingly awesome!  I was really impressed!  She tends to clam up and be shy in uncertain situations, so I was worried that she wouldn't even let them look in her mouth.  She hopped right up on the chair opened wide when they asked, let them clean, floss and give her fluoride without a peep of crying.  The only part where she was tentative was when they put the great big cameras next to her cheek to take x-rays but she did so, so good!  She was thrilled at the goody bag that they gave her as you can tell by the pictures.  She asked me today when she gets to go back to the dentist - success!










Unfortunately her next visit to the dentist is going to come sooner than I would like.  She chipped her front tooth about a year and a half ago, and it has slowly been deteriorating since.  The dentist said that the tooth was dead, but that the decay can affect the permanent tooth coming in, so it has to go! She is scheduled to have it pulled on the 16th, hopefully she will still like the dentist after that appointment. Although the dentist isn't very nice to my pocket book, $150 just for the cleaning and check-up and another $90 for the tooth to be pulled -yikes!  Did you know that they charge $30 to put that foamy fluoride on their teeth? I think I will be opting out of that next time, and go buy some fluoride toothpaste!
(she insisted on being in the picture!)

I'm somewhat embarrassed to be posting this, but I am proud of myself, so I am posting it anyway!  I have lost about 15 to 20 pounds in the last few months.  I've always put it off before because I was just going to get pregnant again.  Far to much of my life has been put on hold "waiting" to get pregnant again, I'm ready to take back control!  It is a work in progress, I still want to lose another five pounds, but mostly just the spare tire that won't leave my stomach area!  Next area that has been put on hold - being the mom I want to be, no more energy wasted on waiting for the next baby and more emphasis on playing with and making life fun with Malana!

3 comments:

Tyler said...

Whoa Abs, you look great. You are really getting good at photoshop, I can barely tell that the photo was doctored.

Lisa said...

So I am so sad that my blog isn't picking up your posts!!! Malana sure is cute and getting so big! And you look amazing!

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

You look great!