My Grandma passed away yesterday at the age of 90. It is hard to believe that just nine months ago she was driving a car. She has been through a lot in the last nine months, she fell and broke her hip, then about a month and a half ago she had a stroke. The last month and a half were especially excruciating and it was her time to go. My grandma was always the first one on the roller coasters at Lagoon, even into her seventies. She was always up for an adventure, rafting, hiking, whatever there was to do. She was always into politics and knew exactly what was going on in the world. She knew what was fashionable and loved little girls in dresses. When we went to visit her in the above picture I had dressed Malana in pants and she kept saying " such a cute little girl and your mom put you in pants" So for the picture I put a skirt on her. My grandma always planned the best family reunions and was known for her great treasure hunts. You know that she had to be a great women because she raised my mom and she is the most amazing person I have ever met. We love you and will miss you grandma I hope you greeted grandpa the way you meet him - dancing.Friday, July 11, 2008
My Grandma passed away yesterday at the age of 90. It is hard to believe that just nine months ago she was driving a car. She has been through a lot in the last nine months, she fell and broke her hip, then about a month and a half ago she had a stroke. The last month and a half were especially excruciating and it was her time to go. My grandma was always the first one on the roller coasters at Lagoon, even into her seventies. She was always up for an adventure, rafting, hiking, whatever there was to do. She was always into politics and knew exactly what was going on in the world. She knew what was fashionable and loved little girls in dresses. When we went to visit her in the above picture I had dressed Malana in pants and she kept saying " such a cute little girl and your mom put you in pants" So for the picture I put a skirt on her. My grandma always planned the best family reunions and was known for her great treasure hunts. You know that she had to be a great women because she raised my mom and she is the most amazing person I have ever met. We love you and will miss you grandma I hope you greeted grandpa the way you meet him - dancing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Abby, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. It is a bitter sweet thing. You know she is in a better place finally reunited with her eternal companion but that doesn't change the fact that she will be missed by many. Isn't the gospel great! Knowing that families are together forever brings such joy and peace. Give my condolences to your family.
Rest in peace Grandma. May heaven be filled with sugar cereal, treasure hunts, milk toast, rook, and closets full of toys and games. Hopefully, by the time you see him again, Grandpa will have learned to pray without swearing. Of course, that is only likely to happen if there are no cars in heaven.
Hey Abby! I found your blog through the magic of google after forgetting the easy name you told me. Now I will have even more ways to waste time when I should be cleaning my house! ~ Erin
your grandma is so cute and I really cant believe she drove in Utah. I bet she is really happy now though even though it is hard on family. Sorry for your lose.
Post a Comment