Friday, October 03, 2008

Pumpkins, pacifiers, packs, and poop!

Travis decided to grow a giant pumpkin this year. This is the biggest one that he got, it is 100 pounds! He was a little disappointed, our neighbor won second in the fair last year with a 700 pound pumpkin, so Travis was hoping for something a little more like that. (It did make him feel better that our neighbors pumpkin was only 400 pounds this year) He is looking forward to getting a bigger one next year!

We watched Malana's cousin Reagan last night while her parents went to a concert. Malana got a little jealous. She went in her room and found an old pacifier (she hasn't taken a pacifier since she was about one) and came out to the living room, she patiently waited until I took Reagan out of the bouncy chair and then she climbed in and started batting at the toys like a baby.

Malana came out of her room like this, completely undressed (she had her diaper off too but I put it back on for the picture), with this hat on, her monkey pack on, and chocolate all over her face (I still don't know where she got the chocolate, maybe she has a secret stash in her bedroom : ).

We've been doing alot of this at our house lately. She doesn't really go potty on the potty yet, but she is fascinated by it and loves to sit on it, obviously she has been watching us on the potty hence the book. (As I was typing this she came and said "potty" and grabbed herself so I put her on and she pooped!!! Who knew poop could be so exciting!).

3 comments:

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

What a fun post! First, I can't believe the size of that pumpkin. I can't imagine what a 400 or 700 pound pumpkin looks like. Good job Travis, I'm impressed. Second, I laughed when I read about Malana pretending to be a baby. Austin will do that sometimes too. He will find one of Brooke's binkies and act like a little baby or do everything she does. It drives me nuts. And last but not least, congrats on the big step made with potty training. I don't know how it's been with Malana, but it was such a pain with Austin. He got the pooping down in no time, but peeing was a whole other story. So you are on the right track and I'm sure she will have it all down in no time. :)

Grafulas said...

Haha! And you're worried about having a second child!!!

Gary Horton Family said...

Nice pumpkin trav i like it. i think it is huge. Malona is a funny girl and has a cute personality. I am sure she will be potty trained before Alex.