Monday, December 22, 2008

Six great years!!!!





Six Years! Travis and I just celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary on Saturday! I can't believe that it has been six years, it has gone by so fast! This year we celebrated our anniversary with a kid free day (Thank you Barbara), I was craving one on one time with Travis, so we decided to go to a movie and then get take out from Olive Garden, and not deal with the hustle and bustle of a restaurant (who's idea was it to get married so close to Christmas anyways?) . When we got home we ate dinner by the fireplace (very romantic) and then we turned on some good old fashioned Christmas music and danced. It was Seriously the best anniversary that I have had, and best of all it was cheap (the movie tickets were free - thanks Alisa!, the babysitting was free, AND the dinner only cost us 5 dollars- thanks again Barbara!)! It was just nice to spend time with Travis without Malana, and enjoy each others company. Here we come year # 7!!

On another note, this year for Christmas for the neighbors, I made different kinds of carmel apples, they turned out delicious, and Malana was a great helper!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That is so awesome! I remember coming to your wedding reception - with a boyfriend who is not my husband! And those slick roads! Congratulations on making it thus far! Good luck on Eternity!

Grafulas said...

You're quite the culinary master :) Ha, I called you on your anniversary without even knowing it...sorry! Happy Anniversary!!! Late... The only thing that stands out about your wedding to me is your brother/sisters feeling bad because I started crying. I still don't know why I got emotional, but it was a really sweet day for you :)

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

Congrats and Happy Anniversary! Those carmel apples look so yummy!

Heather Taylor Photography said...

oh, those treats look so yummy!! And a big HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! (What super smart couple gets married in the dead of winter, anyway?)

I also wanted to stop by and say Merry Christmas! Hope you guys have a great week!