I must admit that I love the new kitten! At first I wasn't so sure about having a cat but Malana LOVES the thing. When I decided to get it for her I was feeling really bad that she doesn't have any siblings or other kids to play with. At home she gets SO bored sometimes, and I was hoping that the cat would be a good companion. The first thing that she asks in the morning is "Where's Rue?" and the last thing that she says at night is "Night, night Rue! Love you!". I thought that maybe the novelty would wear off but it still hasn't. She has played with her all day, every day since Christmas and the cat is truly becoming her best friend. The poor cat though, Malana is still a little rough sometimes. Tonight the cat sat next to the tub while Malana was in it just waiting for her to get out. And the cat has been surprisingly good for my spirits. I have been getting discouraged lately because of the infertility and she has filled a little bit of that nurturing need that can be so overwhelming sometimes. I know, I know, a cat is no substitute for a child and I never thought that I would be one of those crazy cat people, and I was surprised that she has made things better, but we are loving the kitten!
On a funnier note Malana has started calling Travis "Trabis" and it cracks me up every time she says it. It is always " I love you Trabis" or " where's daddy Trabis?" She never calls him daddy anymore unless it's "daddy Trabis", it's pretty funny.
2 comments:
I'm so glad she's loving that little thing.... how sweet!
And how funny about what she calls daddy.... Jackson calls me "honey" most of the time! funny stuff.
That is so cute! She looks like a such a sweet girl! And kudos for you for finding a little relief in your kitten. You deserve some happy moments!
Post a Comment