Tuesday, January 27, 2009

infertility

So there have been alot of people asking me lately about how infertility is going, so I figured I would just write on here about it. With Malana from the time that we started trying to the time that we got pregnant was 3 years. 2 of those I was doing fertility treatments including taking chlomid, dostinex and estrogen, as well as one surgery and artificial insemination. We felt so blessed when we finally got pregnant with her because the next step was invitro fertilization or adoption which eiether one costs like 10,000 dollars at least! So when Malana was born we were hoping that it wouldn't take us as long to get pregnant a second time, but just in case we started trying again pretty much right after she was born. So this time around we have been trying for about two years and we have been on fertility treatments for about one year. Most of my hormones were good this time but it took awhile to get my body to ovulate again (about six months), I just had my blood tested a couple of days ago to make sure that I was ovulating and the Dr. called and said it all looked good. So pray for us and that we can get pregnant because the next step is surgery...again, and I don't want to do that! Sorry long post I know!

4 comments:

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

We'll definitely keep you in our prayers. Keep up updated on the progress of things.

Heather Taylor Photography said...

You guys are definitely in my prayers.... what a tough thing to go through. You're such a strong person, and an amazing mom... hang in there! ((hugs))

Lisa said...

You are an amazing person. You are definitely in our prayers as well. Good luck and God be with you guys - as you know he will. :)

Gary Horton Family said...

we are always hoping for you guys and thinking of you. in the mean time if you want kids around we can lend you some.