Then we carved pumpkins from our own garden, we didn't carve the big ones because they were starting to rot. Malana seemed to enjoy the pumpkin carving although she didn't like touching the goop. We made shapes on a piece of paper and let her choose which shape she wanted for the eyes, nose etc... It worked out well.
On Halloween we went to Craigo's for the pizza buffet with Travis' family. Then we headed to the trunk-or-treat that our ward was putting on at the church, just across from our house. They served chili and scones. It was really nice but I have to admit I am not a huge fan of trunk-or-treating, especially since we live in such a small town and it would not be a big deal to go door to door.
Have you guessed what she was yet? Stinkerbell! I thought I was pretty clever but most people just thought that she was a butterfly. I have made her costume every year but this is the first time that I have made it without the help of my mom. I thought that it turned out pretty good, just don't look too close. In Malana fashion the first thing she did was sort and line up her candy according to type of packaging, silly girl, maybe she will grow up to be a professional organizer.
5 comments:
Ok, I LOVE her costume!! SO clever and creative.... and CUTE!! What an amazing job you did, I love it! She's such a doll, and that last pic is priceless!!! Love that it looks like she's hiding- haha!
So I'll be honest, I didn't get her costume right at first, but I think it's so cute and creative. Good job making it. And I can't believe Craigos is still there. Lots of good memories! Glad you had a happy halloween!
We're baaack! (online that is) Her costume is adorable; a little different than how I was imagining it but really cute. Obviously inherited artistic abilities from both parents
Hey pumpkin carving Travis- what was your costume? Where is your hobo bag?
What an awesome idea for a costume! And I love the lipstick picture! How funny that she used your toothbrush!
Post a Comment