I LOVE THE FALL! The fall is by far my favorite time of the year ( I know that it isn't quit the fall yet but close enough!). I love everything about it, the fresh food, the smell, the colors, the temperature, the clothing, the excitement of starting school, everything! So I have actually decided that I really rather like canning I find something relaxing and refreshing knowing that you took something that was essentially free and made it into something that will feed your family all winter, and be absolutely delicious on top of that! I always kind of shied away from it because I thought it was too hard but it is surprisingly easy, and besides it is something new to love about the fall.
So this years I took these fresh from our garden (and the mountains in the case of the huckleberries):
and made them into this:
4 quarts huckleberry/raspberry jam
2 quarts strawberry jam
2 quarts mixed berry jam
Malana liked them too, eating them rather than canning them :)
Remember this from last year?

Well we still have applesauce from then, so we decided to juice the apples this year and made this:
4 quarts of apple juice
12 quarts of apple cider
As well as trying my hand at this:
My first apple pie! oh so easy and oh so yummy!
And last but not least, our FIRST of many fall meals, BBQ'ed corn straight from the garden, fresh peaches and chicken all outside on our deck, in the perfect fall weather, Oh how I LOVE THE FALL!
3 comments:
Oh man, that's so awesome. I really want to learn out to can. Do you know of a website or something that teaches you how, cuz I have no idea where to begin or what to do.
Yummy!!!! I love canning. I need a garden! Next year I will be joining the ranks!
I'll just call you Betty! :)
This all looks sooo good! I can't wait to get our garden in next year so i can make some yummy stuff. Enjoy!
Post a Comment